A Doctor’s Dinner: GP shares her simple recipe for a healthy ‘rainbow’ chicken parmigiana – and it’s a family favorite
- Doctor shared a simple recipe for the perfect ‘rainbow’ chicken parmigiana
- Dr. Preeya Alexander said the dish requires a lot of vegetables and no deep-frying
- You will need diced tomatoes, silver beets, mushrooms, olives, cheese, and chicken
A health care professional shared her simple recipe for the perfect ‘rainbow’ chicken parmigiana without the use of a deep fryer.
Dr. Preeya Alexander from Melbourne prepared the dish for her family of four with homemade chicken schnitzel topped with the ‘rainbow’ vegetable mix such as diced tomatoes, silver beets, mushrooms, olives, onions, garlic and cheese.
‘These are my rainbow chicken parmigiana; They are very easy to make and there is no frying or the risk of burns from hot oil, ”she wrote on Instagram.
A doctor has topped a rainbow chicken parmigiana (pictured) with vegetables such as diced tomatoes, silver beets, mushrooms, olives, onions, garlic, and cheese
How to Make ‘Rainbow’ Chicken Parmigiana
1-2 cans of low-salt tomato cubes
Vegetables – silver beets, mushrooms and olives, chopped
Onion and garlic, chopped
Pre-made chicken schnitzel or make your own
1. Fry the onion and garlic in a pan
2. Add mushrooms if you are using them and brown them
3. Add the diced tomatoes and the rest of the vegetables and cook. Let it simmer for more than 30 minutes
4. Place the schnitzels in a tray and pour the rainbow mixture on top, sprinkle the cheese on top and bake at 180 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown
5. Serve with a side dish of salad or steamed vegetables
She first fried the onions and garlic in a pan before adding chopped mushrooms – and cooked them until they were brown.
Next, she added the diced tomatoes.
“The amount of tomatoes depends on the number of schnitzels you add and how many vegetables you have,” explained Dr. Alexander.
As soon as the tomatoes simmer, she added the chopped vegetables.
Dr. Preeya Alexander from Melbourne made the dish without a deep fryer
“Boil it, simmer for over 30 minutes if you can, and wither it,” she said.
To bake the dish, she placed the raw chicken schnitzel in a baking sheet that was topped with the rainbow vegetable mixture and sprinkled with cheese.
She baked the parmigiana at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese melted.
“My kids love, love, love this and we ate it with ginger broccoli. This also works with cauliflower steaks. Just a simple goodness for tonight, ”she added.