This is the moment when a can of ‘disinfectant’ exploded into a ‘ball of fire’ and blew the windows of a mother’s house.
Samantha Drury, 34, used the Fabulosa spray on her living room radiator when the aerosol can go up in flames.
Three CCTV cameras captured the moment the explosion caused £ 6,000 damage and set fire to the sofa and carpet in the house in Hull, East Yorkshire.
The mother of one child said that her radiator was off at the time and that she believed the fireball was caused by dust particles that “create friction”.
It comes just weeks after another woman posted a similar picture of her blown out windows after her can of Fabulosa exploded.
She had been following a TikTok viral video encouraging people to use the spray as a “hack” to clean radiators.
Fabulosa cautioned users to keep their “extremely flammable” spray away from sources of heat, but said their product is otherwise safe.
Samantha Drury, 34, was using the Fabulosa spray to clean her living room when an inferno broke out and blew out the glass in the front window of her home in Hull, East Yorkshire
Three CCTV cameras captured the moment the sudden explosion caused 6,000 pounds of damage and set the sofa and carpet on fire. In the picture, the spray is held in front of the slaughter it caused
‘Massive Fireball Blast’: Another woman’s window is blown out after using Fabulosa
Another woman has used social media to warn others not to use a cleaning spray near a radiator after it has smashed their window.
Photos showed a blown window after Fabulosa Air Freshener and Santiser cleaning spray caused a “massive fireball explosion”.
The woman wrote, “Warning. If you are thinking of using the shock can to clean your radiators. NOT. I did that today and some how a massive fireball explosion happened that resulted in my windows being blown out and both of my ankles burned. ‘
It comes after a viral TikTok video encouraged cleaners to use the spray to remove dust from the radiators.
Photos showed a blown window
Ms. Drury said, “It was an amazing experience that you never expected.
“I was just cleaning the living room. I used it on the window, on the windowsill, and then on the radiator that was off.
“I pulled out the sofa to get to the window and suddenly there was a ball of fire.”
Fortunately, Samantha was only lightly burned, but the explosion caused 6,000 pounds of damage after punching through the window and burning the sofa and carpet.
She said her son was standing behind her and that the sofa protected them both from the brunt of the flames.
She said, “My son was behind me and his clothes were also damaged. I stood behind the sofa and I think that saved me.
“Thank goodness the window blew out or I’m afraid to wonder what would have happened.”
She blamed the explosion for the “flammable” spray that mixed with dust to cause friction.
The spray was supposed to be kept away from sources of heat, but Ms. Drury claimed her radiator was off at this point.
“Looking back, we think it happened because it is highly flammable and mixes with dust, causing friction, and that’s where the fire started. It just came over me like a wave.
“People on the internet have and still recommend using the spray on radiators and people need to know that it is not safe.
“Fortunately, anything that has been damaged is replaceable, but God forbid it might one day kill someone.
“You would never expect it in a million years.”
In a Facebook post about the incident, she added, “The nearby radiator was not turned on, no candles were lit in the house, my electrical outlets were not affected and the power did not go out. Everything happened so quickly and could have been a lot worse. ‘
Fortunately, Samantha was only lightly burned, but the explosion caused 6,000 pounds of damage after punching through the window and burning the sofa and carpet
Samantha said her son was standing behind her and that the sofa protected them both from the brunt of the flames. Pictured the explosion
Damage to the sofa is shown. Samantha said she attributed the explosion to the “highly flammable” spray that mixes with dust to create friction
Fragments of broken glass were left in the driveway and Samantha’s son’s clothes were scorched. In the picture, the sofa and window sill have been removed from the house
The Fabulosa air freshener packaging states that it is a “concentrated disinfectant” that can be used for “long-lasting freshness” in households, vehicles and clothing.
A Fabulosa spokesperson said: “The health and safety of our customers is of the utmost importance to us and we take all incidents that we report seriously.
‘We have contacted the affected customers so we can investigate.
‘Fabulosa and its packaging meet all safety requirements for safe use and the associated risks.
“With this in mind, our shock can clearly states that it is extremely flammable and should therefore be kept away from heat and all sources of ignition.”